Web Developer Summer Apprenticeship
Do you like making websites? Would you like to make fancy websites this summer? Well, we’ve got a spot for an intern, read on!
What is a web developer at What Cheer?
Web developer can be a loose term, so here is what it means at What Cheer.
- Program backend systems in PHP (sometimes Python)
- You talk to databases (MySQL, Redis)
- Get buddy-buddy with Wordpress
- Help design software projects (on a really nice whiteboard)
- Touch very little CSS/LESS, but sometimes
What kind of projects would I work on?
A lot of Wordpress, it's a pretty standard system with us and there are always maintenance odds and ends to do.
That said, we also do large, fully custom applications from the ground up, so there will be opportunities to contribute to the design and implementation of those.
We also do fun little projects for our own satisfaction, like iliveinomaha.com, iloveinomaha.com and selectiveperspectivedetective.com.
What do I need?
We don't expect you to know all of this from day one, but we want you to be fearless, pragmatic and eager to learn.
You need to be available a few days a week to work in the office (downtown Omaha), a good sense of humor and the ability to be a little silly for the sake of fun.
What do I get?
- $10 / hour
- Practical experience building real sites
- Lunches sometimes - I hope you like PepperJax
- Lots and lots of coffee to drink (or tea)